SCALING AND ROOT PLANING
Post Operative Instructions For Scaling And Root Planing Procedures
To minimize the discomfort and encourage proper healing following your scaling and root planing, follow these instructions:
- After the procedure, take aspirin, acetaminophen (Tylenol®), or ibuprofen (Advil®) before the anesthetic wears off. Continue to take one tablet every four hours for the next two days.
- A saltwater solution (1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon soda + 8 ounces warm water) swished in your mouth for 2 to 3 minutes every hour may make your mouth more comfortable.
- Use a soft toothbrush at least two times a day. Be gentle and clean thoroughly. Slight bleeding may occur while brushing as the tissues begin to heal.
- Avoid strong spicy seasonings, and hard crunchy for the next few days.
- Smoking should be stopped. Success of the treatment will be substantially reduced by the cigarette smoke chemicals in your body.
- As the tissues heal, some temporary sensitivity to cold may occur. Use a desensitizing toothpaste (such as Sensodyne®), or fluoride gel (such as Prevident® or Gel-Kam®) frequently (at least 4 times/day) for 1 to 2 weeks. Also, the cleaner the teeth are kept, the less sensitive they will be.
- Faithfully use any other oral hygiene aids that have been recommended (floss, Perio-Aid®, rubber tip, Sonicare®, Proxabrush®, Gel-Kam® fluoride, Peridex® mouthrinse, etc).
- If you have any questions or concerns, please call your dentists office.
What We Offer
When you visit Main Street Dental you can expect the utmost care for your smile. We offer the following servces:
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Invisalign® clear braces
- Dental Implant dentistry
- Children’s Dentistry
- General teeth cleaning and exams
- Dental crowns
- Oral screening
Main Street Dental Is A Top Rated Cosmetic Dentist.
FOR A LIMITED TIME, MAIN STREET DENTAL IS OFFERING ABSOLUTELY FREE COSMETIC DENTISTRY CONSULTATIONS!
As an added benefit, our office is pleased to offer easy, NO INTEREST financing that enables you to extend your payments over a period of time.