Oral health care professionals now believe that all individuals over the age of 18 should have at least an annual oral examination. While, age, tobacco and alcohol use are risk factors for oral cancer, more than 25% of oral cancer victims have no lifestyle risk factors.
Oral Cancer Dental Screening 92083
Why You Should Get Oral Cancer Screening?
One American dies every hour from oral cancer. Late detection of oral cancer is the primary cause that both the incidence and mortality rates of oral cancer continue to increase. It is one of the few types of cancer that has not seen a significant reduction in incidence over the past thirty years, and recent research has shown a strong association with Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), which can be sexually transmitted.
- The incidence of oral cancer increased 11% in the United States in 2007
Unlike several other cancers, the survival rate for oral cancer has remained unchanged for decades
- The overall 5-year survival rate for oral cancer is 52%, but when discovered early, it increases to 80% – 90%
- Unfortunately, only 35% of oral cancer cases are diagnosed in the early stages. Why? Because there have been few advances made in screening techniques and there are significant limitations inherent to white light and chemiluminescence light examination of the oral mucosa
- Pre-malignant changes actually start below the surface, at the basement membrane. These changes may not be apparent to the naked eye until the disease progresses to the surface
Benefits Of Getting Mouth Cancer Screening By A Dentist.
We recommend that you get a screening of your mouth for cancer at least once per year. You can benefit from the following:
- Catch any cancer early by taking preventative measures
- Put your mind at ease by staying on top of screenings
- Finding cancer early greatly increases outcomes
- Only takes 2 minutes to do an examination
- Pain free and easy
Main Street Dental accepts most dental insurance plans and we are also pleased to offer easy, NO INTEREST financing if you do not have insurance or if your insurance plan will only provide partial coverage. For a free consultation to learn more about oral screening, call us at (760) 295-9870 or click here to request an appointment online.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks9W-6Ue-Ns&list=PLUrYhM9nlctUHzK2G7lN0At9ly4J3SGa0
Main Street Dental Is A Top Rated Cosmetic Dentist.
FOR A LIMITED TIME, MAIN STREET DENTAL IS OFFERING ABSOLUTELY FREE COSMETIC DENTISTRY CONSULTATIONS!
As an added benefit, our office is pleased to offer easy, NO INTEREST financing that enables you to extend your payments over a period of time.